Allan, Benedict and Tom are MIA, so JT fills in with two friends.
This weeks format follows the format of one of JT's other shows: The Opinion Dominion.
Centralized vs Decentralized Management
• Interesting dtrace papers I found this week. The first is unfortunately paywalled by an industry journal but hopefully it’ll be publicly available soon. ◦ [Using Dtrace for Machine Learning Solutions in Malware Detection](https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/9225633) ◦ [Process Monitoring on Sequences of System Call Count Vectors](https://arxiv.org/pdf/1707.03821.pdf) ◦ Sounds Similar to:
- Optimyze Cloud](https://twitter.com/OptimyzeCloud/status/1386424419418099712)
- This weeks episode of BSDNow was sponsored by our friends at Tarsnap, the only secure online backup you can trust your data to. Even paranoids need backups. Open Source Voices episode with Colin Percival
RIP Dan kaminski
• https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/27/technology/daniel-kaminsky-dead.html • https://www.darkreading.com/vulnerabilities---threats/in-appreciation-dan-kaminsky/d/d-id/1340830 • https://www.securityweek.com/security-researcher-dan-kaminsky-passes-away
- Send questions, comments, show ideas/topics, or stories you want mentioned on the show to firstname.lastname@example.org ***