Cult of BSD
November 11th, 2021
54 mins 21 secs
About this Episode
OpenBSD Part 1: How it all started, Explaining top(1) on FreeBSD, Measuring power efficiency of a CPU frequency scheduler on OpenBSD, CultBSD, a whole lot of BSD bits, and more.
This episode of BSDNow is brought to you by Tarsnap and the BSDNow Patreon
What every IT person needs to know about OpenBSD Part 1: How it all started
Explaining top(1) on FreeBSD
Measuring power efficiency of a CPU frequency scheduler on OpenBSD
• [OpenBSD on the HiFive Unmatched](https://kernelpanic.life/hardware/hifive-unmatched.html) • [Advanced Documentation Retrieval on FreeBSD](https://adventurist.me/posts/00306) • [OpenBSD Webzine Issue 3 is out](https://webzine.puffy.cafe/issue-3.html) • [How to connect and use Bluetooth headphones on FreeBSD](https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/bluetooth-audio-how-to-connect-and-use-bluetooth-headphones-on-freebsd.82671/) • [How To: Execute Firefox in a jail using iocage and ssh/jailme](https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/how-to-execute-firefox-in-a-jail-using-iocage-and-ssh-jailme.53362/) • [Understanding AWK](https://earthly.dev/blog/awk-examples/) • [“Domesticate Your Badgers” Kickstarter Opens](https://mwl.io/archives/13297) • [Bootstrap an OPNsense development environment in Vagrant](https://github.com/punktDe/vagrant-opnsense) • [VLANs Bridges and LAG Interface best practice questions](https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/vlans-bridges-and-lag-interface-best-practice-questions.93275/) • [A Console Desktop](https://pspodcasting.net/dan/blog/2018/console_desktop.html) • [CharmBUG Casual BSD Meetup and Games (Online)](https://www.meetup.com/CharmBUG/events/281822524)
- This weeks episode of BSDNow was sponsored by our friends at Tarsnap, the only secure online backup you can trust your data to. Even paranoids need backups.
- Dan - ZFS question
- Lars - Thanks for the interview
- jesse - migrating data from old laptop ***
- Send questions, comments, show ideas/topics, or stories you want mentioned on the show to email@example.com ***